Ayurvedic Face Lift Massage is a structured physical treatment of the face using medicated oil and a series of different strokes and techniques to stimulate the Marma points on the face.
This amazing treatment is one of the most revered and celebrated massage treatments within the Ayurvedic framework. The range of benefits that it induces are quite staggering in their variety! Ayurvedic face-lift massage is used to prevent and reverse the physical signs of ageing in and around the face, to relax and rejuvenate the patient and to leave them looking and feeling younger, healthier and more vital.
There are three core reasons why the head and face are so important in Ayurveda:
- Firstly because the face/head is the entry point of Prana – or life energy – into the body, making it the receiver of the very essence of what it is to be alive.
- Secondly, the face/head is how we sustain life; the food we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe all enter the body here.
- Lastly, it is through the head that we experience the world. Our interaction with the world around us is experienced via one or more of the five senses, which all reside in the face/head area.
What to expect
The strokes and sequences performed during Ayurvedic face-lift massage induce a variety of physiological responses and benefits, which include:
- Reducing the visual signs of ageing such as wrinkles and crows feet
- Relaxing the muscles in the face and neck
- Stimulating cranial micro-circulation
- Improves facial muscle tone
- Optimising the flow of nutrients into skin of the face
- Stimulating lymphatic flow within the face
- Regenerating the skin around the face
- Switching us into parasympathetic overdrive (the body’s healing mode)
- Pacifying Vata Dosha, and thus Pitta and Kapha
- Inducing collective homeostasis, thus optimising bodily regeneration, immune regulation, digestion and nutrient assimilation.
These many, varied and powerful benefits induced by Ayurvedic face-lift massage makes it one of the cornerstone treatments in Ayurvedic medicine.